- Cassandra born at Facebook for inbox search.
- Built on Amazon's Dynamo and Google's BigTable
- Highly scalable distributed database
- Operational simplicity for lowest total cost of ownership.
- No single point of failure ensures 100% availability
- Best-in-class scalability of NoSQL open source solution.
- Designed to manage very large amounts of structured data.
- Facebook open sourced it in July 2008.
- Apache incubator accepted Cassandra in March 2009.
- Cassandra is a top level project of Apache since February 2010.
- Cassandra is used by a quarter of the Fortune 100
About Apache Cassandra
Apache Cassandra is the leading NoSQL, open source, distributed database management system driving many of today's modern business applications by offering continuous availability, high scalability and performance, strong security, and operational simplicity while lowering overall cost of ownership.
In this Cassandra tutorial, you will learn how to process and index documents, how to formulate and interpret a user query, how to retrieve, insert, update, delete and rank documents. It starts with a basic understanding of Cassandra, and gradually gets into building efficient, high performance enterprise search repository for search.